The liver regulates the composition of blood and removes harmful toxins form it as well as it processes and also converts the nutrients that is absorbed by our intestine during digestion period. Since the liver has so many functions in our body, having an unhealthy diet and a poor lifestyle can overwork the liver which will result to a lot of risk such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases, headaches, allergies, and other health problems that you probably don't want to have.
To help our liver, we've listed 7 foods/drinks which can help you cleanse, rejuvenate and also detoxify your liver.
7 Food/Drinks that can Help you Clean your Liver!1. Garlic
In addition to that, garlic can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which can overload or overwork our liver and hamper its functioning.
Use fresh raw garlic instead of processed, minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Eat 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves everyday and include garlic in your meals whenever possible.
- Garlic supplements can also help, but first consult your doctor.
Grapefruit also contains glutathione, which is a very effective antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and detoxifies our liver. Glutathione also has the ability to help in the detoxification of heavy metals. Plus, grapefruit contains flavonoid naringenin which helps to break down fat in our body specially the liver.
Reminder: If you are on any medication process, consult your doctor first before taking this fruit, because it may interact with your prescribed medicines.
- Add fresh beetroots or juice to your daily diet.
- Make a liver-cleansing salad with 1 cup of chopped or grated beetroots, 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil and 1/2 of lemon juice. Mix all of the said ingredients together and eat 2 teaspoons of it every 2 hours during the day for a week.
Besides, the high amount of vitamin C in lemons can help your digestion. Lemons can also boost your mineral absorption by the liver.
- Make a natural lemon water at home by adding the juice of 1 lemon to a water pitcher. You can also put a chopped lemons on it. Drink the lemon water regularly. Add a little honey if you desire.
5. Green tea
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea everyday. You can also add honey to sweeten your tea.
Reminder: Avoid drinking too much green tea as it can have an impact on your liver and other body parts.
All types of apples are good for our liver, but if you want a fast result, choose organic apples. Eat one organic apple or take a glass of fresh apple juice everyday.
Broccoli contains high fiber. It improves the digestion process. Plus it contains vitamin E, which is a very important antioxidant for our liver to carry out its functions.
- Eat 1 cup of broccoli 3 times a week to keep your liver healthy.